Thursday, April 22, 2010

April Q&E Kaizen 4/22/2010: Checklist for a check

I have volunteered in the past to count and deposit the Sunday offering and all the counters agreed that unfolding checks is a waste of time.  We know that people do so as an act of privacy which should be respected.  I thought about how you could do both-keep the gift confidential from other church members and make it easier to count.  As a result, this is my improvement idea that I do every Sunday-imagine how much less time would be needed to tally checks if everyone did this?

Before: I folded my offering check in half before placing it in the contribution plate for privacy.

After: I place my offering check unfolded face down in the collection plate.














Benefits:
  • Reduce processing time by counting and deposit team
  • Eliminates unfolding time waste
  • Maintains privacy and respects the giver
What has your church improved today?

Dan Lafever, Kaizeneer

No comments: