Monday, August 25, 2008

Quick and Easy Kaizen-#3 Security loop

Quick and Easy Kaizen is an improvement that you can easily do for yourself that improves a process by improving quality, saving time, and so forth. The book, The Idea Generator, by Norm Bodek addresses quick and easy Kaizen and I have been practicing this technique at work for some time. Using the ideas from Norm's book, I have added improvements at home and here are some that have made my life better but didn't require that much time and effort to implement.

#3 Security loop in garage to lock up my bike in the garage.


Been biking to work this summer when the gas prices spiked at $4/gallon. I read that you should lock up your bikes at home in case of a burglary. This is a very good idea so I added a security loop in the garage to secure the two wheeler:




































Time to complete: 3 minutes to install.



Materials: Reused an old pipe clamp and a screw so the cost was negligible.



Benefit: Safer and more secure bike at home. Peace of mind when on vacation.

What have you improved today?



Dan Lafever
Kaizeneer

No comments: