Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Spammer Kaizen


I believe that spammers are some of the best improvers in the world. While I certainly do not condone their heinous practices of clogging the internet with their junk mail, I have to admire their creativity and innovation. If only this focus for improvement could be used in a construcive way. Certainly, spamming is not an improvement for the average users but I am trying to make a point here about the drive for improvements.

Recently, I have notice the new tactic(at least to me) that about 90% of the spam has some sort of attachment in it-and that's this weeks spam improvement. There seems to be no end at how spammers find new ways to avoid the filters in IT systems to increase their penetration. We could all learn from these about improving.

Imagine:
  • If car companies were as good at improving as spammers, we'd have a 100mpg car now costing under $20,000.
  • If our government were as adept as Kaizen as spammers, we'd probably have a better situation in Iraq(not a political statement)
  • If churches improved as quickly as the spam industry, we'd see a dramatic impact on society.

Again, I don't in any way shape or form approve of spam. However, you have to admire the focus and passion on improving how spam can reach mailboxes. While their motivation is suspect, their innovation and improvements is amazing.

Dan Lafever, Kaizeneer

Thanks for reading my blog.

No comments: