Saturday, August 25, 2007

Biblical Kaizen


"Little by little I will drive them out before you, until you have increased enough to take possession of the land." Exodus 23:30

Rather than God emptying the land at one time, He chose to remove them "little by little"(or the Kaizen way) because it was the best way to bring the nation of Israelites into the promised land. In verse 29, He explains why:

But I will not drive them out in a single year, because the land would become desolate and the wild animals too numerous for you.

Too much change cause desolation and wild animals! Isn't this true in life? We see nations where the government collaspes quickly or sudden natural disasters turn into desperate places and things run wild. People experience rapid changes thrust upon them but they can't tolerate the stress so they turn to drugs, alcohol, and the like. That's why God chose little by little change over radical. Humans can't handle big changes that happen too fast.

I was inspried when our church evangelist shared this principle with me. It is Kaizen!! Kaizen's history dates it back the 1950s while the Exodus from Egypt is thought to occured around 1500 BC, over 3,500 years ago! This principle works.

As I keep blogging, I want to share this little by little principle helps improve things in the following four ways:

  1. My personal and family life.
  2. My work
  3. My faith and church.
  4. My friends lives.

Stay tuned. Thank you God for inventing the Kaizen or little by little principle!

Dan Lafever, Kaizeer

Thank you for reading my blog.



No comments: