Monday, July 28, 2008

Breaking the 100 mile mark

Friday, July 25, marked a historic day for me. For the first time, I have commuted to work using my bicycle and passed the 100 mile mark. It feels good, not only saving gas and saving money, to be empowered in this way. Although I am a bit tired after riding over 7 miles, it's getting easier everytime I bike it. It's a great feeling to be in control, not dependent on petrol, and the ride on the back roads is mostly quiet and peaceful. I have also lost some weight which is good.
Another improvement is that my wife started biking and she has discovered a new activity that she enjoys. We are starting to bike together and this is our first true hobby we like to do together. So, this one improvement of getting to work on human powered transportation has had multiple benefits...and the only gas involved is...well...natural. ;)

Dan Lafever
Kaizeneer

No comments: